Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world and an integral part of Central Texas for more than 26 years, driving job generation, economic impact and engagement with the surrounding community.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor serves a global customer base with broad semiconductor process technology offerings that impact everyday life including mobile, graphic, consumer, networking/high performance computing, Internet of Things, RF and automotive. Through successful collaborations with foundry customers and a continuous drive to develop the most cutting-edge technologies, Samsung Austin Semiconductor has become a major player in the foundry market. Samsung Austin Semiconductor’s technology portfolio ranges from 65nm to 28nm using planar transistor technology to the more advanced 14nm 3D FinFet technology.
With more than 3,300 employees, 2.45 million square feet of floor space, and more than 600+ acres in land holdings, Samsung Austin Semiconductor’s economic impact in 2021 generated $6.3 billion into Austin’s economy through salaries and other expenditures. Plus, that same year, its parent company, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd announced a $17 billion investment to boost semiconductor production capacity at a new site in Taylor, Texas. This is in addition to the $18 billion invested in Samsung Austin Semiconductor’s Austin, Texas campus, since 1996 -- making it one of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a premier and growing employer who provides a great place to work, is committed to environmental stewardship and being a good corporate citizen. Our employees are the key to our success and we invest in our people with competitive compensation & benefit packages, career development opportunities and programs that enhance physical, emotional and intellectual well-being. Our employees work at various locations throughout Central Texas including the main plant on East Parmer Lane in northeast Austin, a satellite office near Pflugerville and the construction site in Taylor, Texas. Learn more at www.samsung.com/us/sas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is expanding, and we are looking for a talented Workforce Planning & Analysis Specialist. This position takes a long-range view of our organization's business objectives and present talent needs, and works with key stakeholders to translate strategy into workforce plan.
As a member of our People Operations Team, this professional will drive SAS' planning, implementation, and on-going reporting as it relates to all aspects of workforce planning. Ideal candidates will have experience analyzing workforce data, identifying trends and providing actionable insights to leaders in managing their workforce. This individual contributor will help SAS balance staffing levels in a growing and fast-paced organization to help us achieve our goals.
Specific Job Duties:
Workforce Planning & Analysis Specialist will be responsible for:
- Planning for upcoming headcount needs with the input of the HR leader and business, and communicating those plans to stakeholders and tracking progress via internal and 3rd-party systems and tools.
- Analyze historical trends and future projections to create forecasting, shrinkage recommendations for short-term and long-term staffing plans.
- Extensive interaction with all levels of the organization and within People Operations. Progress and challenges will be reported to leadership on a regular basis.
- Developing creative solutions to issues that arise along the way.
- Data reporting, making use of metrics from Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and other sources.
- Short and long term projects, such as the rollout of new internal systems and procedures.
- Working closely with other team members in a collaborative environment to achieve company-wide objectives.
- Insights by leveraging internal and external data, trends, analytics to assess talent gaps, forecast resource needs, and model future scenarios to accurately identify and prioritize talent risks and opportunities.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure key performance indicators are understood, reported on and met.
- Work on other projects and ad-hoc reports and analysis as requested.
Shift: 1st Shift, M-F 8am to 5pm
Skills and Qualifications:
Education, Training, Certification(s) and Minimum years of experience required
- 8+ years in a related role.
- Proficiency with MS office including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven organizational, planning, and reporting skills.
- 4-year degree preferred.
- Experience with Workforce Planning tools and/or Recruiting systems preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Software, and Tools
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized with ability to prioritize multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, creative thinking, and critical reasoning.
- Knowledge of industry trends and best practices pertaining to Workforce management.
- Strong drive for exceptional customer service, and skilled at handling confidential information appropriately.
- Will be a problem solver, strategic thinker, long-term planner and a source of reliable information, as the business needs it.
- Advanced computer skills including calendaring, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.