At Samsara, we are a diverse group of passionate and curious people committed to building something ambitious. We are looking for talented and dedicated people who share our vision to join our growing team. Samsara builds an extensive set of hardware devices, including battery-powered, wireless environmental sensors, Linux -based IoT gateways, and internet-connected dash cameras. Our work philosophy involves rapid product iteration; because all of our devices are internet-connected, we have access to thorough feedback and telemetry on how well our software performs in the field. We’re at the intersection of cloud software, sensor systems, and wireless networks.
About the Job:
As a Sales Engineer at Samsara, you’d be part of a diverse group of technically minded folks working together to bring our unique connected operations technology to customers. Our daily customer engagements include conversations around logistics/supply chain management, fleet maintenance strategies, global asset management, machine control systems/diagnostics, system integration, and regulatory compliance. This means a successful SE at Samsara will develop a thorough understanding of IoT hardware and sensors, hands-on installation/deployment scenarios, carrier networks, cloud infrastructure, and third-party system integrations (via our open API) to ensure the proper technical solution is presented to our customers.
- 2+ years experience working with customers in a pre-sales, customer success, or customer/product support capacity
- Previous hands-on experience with customer evaluations and deployments
- Basic understanding of electrical and diagnostic systems
- Hands on experience and interest in working with one or more of the following: vehicles, machinery, robotics, or any other electrical systems
- Experience with the following concepts: cloud software, networking, automation and control systems
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Consistent track record selling complex technical solutions
- Understanding of vehicle diagnostic systems, including CAN bus and/or ECM data transfer
- Work experience in software development using Java and/or Python, or related language
- Work experience building solutions leveraging Open API’s
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Successfully match customer pains and requirements to proposed solutions
- Participate in IoT hardware deployment and installation with customers
- Setup and configure SaaS dashboard per customer requirements
- Develop custom reporting and integrations via our API
- Be awesome
In your first week, you'll:
- Travel to Samsara HQ in San Francisco for a week of New Hire Training
- Attend a variety of different onboarding sessions, where you'll: receive a thorough introduction to our leadership team. be immersed in our product offerings and meet our CEO, Sanjit Biswas, in a "Samsara 101" class
- Meet your team and fellow new hire cohort
- Shadow cold-calls, product demos, etc.
- ...and so much more!
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.