Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious Supply Chain Manager to influence our rapidly growing product lines for the long-term. This role is the interface between key technology industries and internal product teams. In addition to sourcing core component technologies, they are responsible for building sustainable supply strategies and influencing product innovations based on technological developments. Candidates must have an interest in market dynamics, negotiation and pricing, manufacturing processes, and risk mitigation.
A Supply Chain Manager may work on:
- Drive cost, quality and responsiveness throughout Samsara’s increasingly complex supply chain
- Develop a deep understanding of Samsara’s vendor base in order to anticipate industry trends and track competitive forces
- Identify changes in buyer and supplier power within core materials and technology markets and use industry dynamics to Samsara’s advantage
- Negotiate optimal terms for sourcing to ensure supply continuity while maintaining quality
- Work collaboratively across multiple Samsara organizations to roll out new products within aggressive timeframes
- Actively consolidate supply chain insights for senior leadership decision-making
- Communicate the impact of manufacturing process value optimization, cost opportunities and risks, market intelligence and international dynamics to influence Samsara’s product roadmap
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hiring, developing, and leading an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate has:
- BA/BS + 2 years of experience, masters degree or MBA is a plus
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Positive attitude in a rapidly changing environment with ambiguous information
- Concise communication skills
- Desire to build relationships with multiple cross-functional teams
- Experience and drive to engage in complex negotiations
- Intellectually curiosity with an ability to learn quickly
- Passion for technology and operations
- Willingness to travel internationally (10 - 20%)
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.