We’re looking for a for a fast-paced, ambitious manager to help us scale up our Customer Support team during hyper growth. You will work closely with a senior management team that has successfully built and exited a billion-dollar business, owning Support and helping build and scale our offering. You will have a high level of responsibility and autonomy in determining how the team contributes their talents and skills at Samsara. There’s plenty of room for creativity and technical exploration when it comes to better serving our customers.
This is a full time position at our office in the Potrero Hill district of San Francisco, and includes stock options, 401(k), medical, dental, vision benefits.
What you will do:
You will be responsible for managing a team of 10-12 Customer Support Representatives & Engineers, directly improving and reporting team level metrics and SLA’s, keeping up with new products and ongoing training, and developing processes. Your work will be cross-functional in nature, and will involve working with our Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Operations, and Marketing teams on a weekly basis. Proven analytical and communication skills are a must, and a quantitative or technical background is a big plus. You should be comfortable acting as an escalation point with customers, development teams, and sales teams, and be able to manage projects through to completion. Relationship building, prioritization of projects, and super-effective communication define you.
Our current Support team of 30+ bring a diverse set of technical interests and experiences, from hacking on Raspberry Pi’s and building web applications, building gaming computers, and rebuilding guitars. We're looking for technically minded, data-driven builders to join our fast-growing team, where you will have a big impact on the success of the product and the company.
- Directly manage a team of 10-12 highly motivated Customer Support Representatives & Engineers
- Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction with the Support Team while ensuring the team meets established SLA’s
- Produce reporting that demonstrates team effectiveness to Engineering, PM, and Leadership
- Explore, implement, and integrate systems that will help the team scale through tremendous growth
- Successfully manage onboarding and continuous education for members of the team
- Manage interactions between Support and Development pertaining customer issues/feedback
- Mentoring new hires as the organization grows quickly
- Develop career paths within the Support team and throughout the organization
- B.A./B.S. required, preferably in a quantitative field (engineering, applied math, etc.)
- 5 years of experience in technical support or equivalent
- Strong spoken and written language skills for working with high-value customers and publishing documentation
- Interest in working in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities
- Experience with industrial systems, electronics, tinkering with cars, or similar hands-on work is a plus