Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
This individual will directly impact Samsara’s top line by conducting insightful analyses to identify new customer acquisition opportunities and then execute experiments to capitalize on those opportunities. This individual will be the ‘go-to’ expert on all things related to the pipeline health for their specific business segment and partner across Samsara to ideate and launch initiatives to improve top through mid funnel growth.
Working with a senior management team that previously built and exited a ~$1B company, you'll be responsible for supporting the growth of a major business unit. This includes working directly with the AE (Account Executives) and ADR (Account Development Representative) teams to launch segment specific campaigns and experimental sales motions, finding targeted lead lists, partnering with Marketing to build out collateral materials, and working with Growth Engineers to build tools to further scale a world class team.
The Growth Operations Manager will work on:
- Use data to understand our customers and our funnel in depth, identify areas of opportunity, and execute projects to increase efficiency and performance
- Analyze pipeline development performance to set segment specific goals and create reporting mechanisms to track execution to those goals
- Develop new lists of accounts by thinking creatively about Samsara’s target customers and finding new data sources for leads
- Run campaigns to drive pipeline growth by developing hypotheses for new campaigns, running A/B tests, monitoring results, and scaling successful campaigns across the organization
- Hold weekly touch base with cross-functional leaders on segment specific KPI performance, current campaign/experiment results, and ad hoc analysis
- Partner cross-functionally to prepare experiments for conversion optimization and new channel exploration (e.g., work with Marketing to create email flows, partner with Growth Engineering to integrate with new lead sources or launch tools like a self-checkout webstore, work with Product to identify customer feedback trends to inform new target markets)
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate would have:
- Excellent analytical skills, strong business acumen, a curious nature and entrepreneurialism
- Ability to partner cross-functionally to identify and solve major business problems
- 1 - 4 years in consulting, growth, or similar role with analytical rigor (Note: Title and leveling will be determined based upon level of experience)
- B.S. or higher, preferably in a quantitative field (engineering, applied math, etc.)
- Experience writing scripts, SQL, python, etc. a big plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.