Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Are you a talented software engineer that is excited to learn about business and contribute to the growth of an innovative IoT startup? We’re looking for a Senior Growth Engineer who can help us build all of our e-commerce and self-service revenue products at Samsara.
As Growth Engineers we ask questions like “what can we build to improve gross margins?” and “how can we build best-in-class e-commerce experiences?” We then build, test and measure the impact of the experiments we run. We appreciate software engineers who are quick to pick up new frameworks/tools and are thoughtful about building quickly while being mindful of technical debt. The software we build has a direct impact on both revenue and our bottom line.
In this role, you will:
- Leverage data to understand our customers and our funnel in depth, identify areas of opportunity and execute projects to drive revenue, customer growth, retention, and/or engagement
- Build customer-facing e-commerce products from the ground up using a combination of custom frontends, Cloud applications, backend services, scripts, etc.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales operations and product teams to implement growth initiatives
- Lead engineering discussions and write thoughtful documentation and unit tests
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3+ years of experience working in a full stack, API engineering or application services role
- Knowledgeable about modern web technologies and testing frameworks
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to partner with different parts of the organization to identify and solve major business problems
- Desire to learn about the business side of a startup
- B.S., M.S. degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related technical experience
An ideal candidate also has:
- 2+ years of experience on a Growth/E-commerce team
- Experience using Vue in production web applications
- Experience using AWS services: ElasticBeanstalk, Lambda, CloudFront
- Knowledge of any of the following tools: Stripe, Contentful, or similar products
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.