Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious customer support engineer to help support Samsara's rapidly-growing Internet of Things solution.
Samsara works with a wide range of industrial companies ranging from commercial transportation firms to oil and gas companies and large-scale food producers, so our support team will need to be smart and flexible enough to support many different types of customers. In a typical day, you may go from helping a customer figure out the right way to connect to the on-board computer of a Freightliner truck to using sensor data to automate traditional pen-and-paper operations.
Our ideal candidate has a technical background, has spent 1-2 years in a technical support organization, and understands the day-to-day aspects of customer support - managing tickets, building a knowledge base, and providing feedback to engineering.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical interests and experiences, from hacking on Raspberry Pis to home automation, building gaming computers, and even theater lighting. We're looking for technically minded builders to join our fast-growing team, where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company.
This is a full time position at our San Francisco office on Potrero Hill, and includes stock options, 401(k), medical, dental, vision benefits.
Customer Support Engineer will work on:
- Maintaining a support ticket queue and responding to customers in a helpful and timely manner
- Creating and maintaining customer-facing knowledge base articles
- Working closely with engineering to reproduce bugs and build testbeds as necessary
- Mentoring new hires as the organization grows quickly
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- College graduate with a technical degree or equivalent hands-on experience (Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, MIS, etc.)
- 1-2 years of experience in technical support
- Strong spoken and written language skills for working with high-value customers and publishing documentation
- Interest in working in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities
- Experience with industrial systems, electronics, tinkering with cars, or similar hands-on work is a plus
- Able to work flexible hours - nights and weekends a plus
- Spanish/Bilingual Preferred