Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara has several emerging Channel programs that have the potential to drive significant growth for the company. These include Insurance Partners, Resale Partners, Referral Partners, and Technology Integration Partners.
As a Partnerships Program Manager, you will be responsible for shaping the strategic and operational elements of Samsara’s Insurance and Commercial partner programs. You will work closely with our other Partner Account managers to ensure they are leveraging systems, processes, and tools consistently to drive growth within the partners program.
This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial role that requires working cross-functionally to build programs and processes from scratch. The role has strong potential for growth along with our partner programs.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
Own the development and execution of partner programs, with a focus on:
- Strategic Program Management
- Directly support our Partner Directors to drive their go-to market strategy and operations
- Act as subject matter expert in Insurance and Commercial business
- Together with Sales & Partner team management, define short, medium & long-term strategy, goals and success metrics for designated partner base
- Identify & prioritize internal infrastructure improvement areas for ease of doing business with Insurance and Commercial partners
- Create & maintain a partner performance / customer satisfaction feedback loop for continuous program improvement
- Process & System Improvements
- Independently lead projects to develop and enhance Partner GTM strategy
- Define and streamline processes for Samsara Insurance and Commercial partners
- Gather system requirements, prioritize across teams, and work to build, test, and launch capabilities
- Own end to end change management working cross functionally with enablement teams to ensure education and adoption across Partner and Sales organizations
- Partner Analysis and Optimization
- Measure the effectiveness of partner programs
- Build interactive analysis to help communicate Partner penetration, upmarket growth, sales segment impact and forecasting
- Support fiscal planning activities with ad hoc analysis
- Work cross-functionally with sales leadership to ensure deliverables align with Samsara sales/customer needs
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 4-6 years of combined sales strategy and operations, program management, or consulting experience
- Stellar analytical, written, and verbal communications skills
- Previous hands-on experience gathering requirements, ideating, developing, testing, and proving value of programs
- Experience being a thought leader with senior stakeholders, advising on best practices and actioning long term strategy
- Experience working cross-functionally with technical teams to design and build or improve business processes
- Consistent track record of deploying internal and external facing programs and working with sales teams
An ideal candidate also has:
- Basic understanding of how channel partnerships work
- Experience building/operating internal/external tools such as customer, partner, ae tools or platforms
- SQL experience is a plus
- Translate complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfort with accountability to multiple internal and external stakeholders, with ability to effectively prioritize between them
- Sensitivity to sales cycle and able to handle challenging customer situations
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.