Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking a senior operations program manager responsible for taking our products from development through mass production and end of life.In this role, you will partner with Operations teams - supply chain, demand planning, manufacturing, etc. - and Engineering - EE/PD/FW/QA - to help ship high quality products. The OPM works with cross functional teams to drive the product development process in a fast paced environment. You’ll be passionate about developing high-quality products, demonstrate a high degree of process ownership and innovation, and want to have fun while we bring the world of physical operations to the cloud.
In this role, you will:
- Plan and execute PVT builds, mass production readiness and signoff, and scaling and sustaining high volume production until end of life
- Spearhead and influence cross-functional coordination and communication between the Engineering, Product Management, Supply Chain, Demand/Supply Planning and manufacturing teams to drive overall system readiness through these major product life cycle checkpoints
- Coordinate and drive post-ramp qualifications (PRQ) and engineering change orders (ECO), including internal sign-offs and factory rollouts
- Manage project schedules, product costs, and technical/operational risks
- Manage internal and external communications and coordinate development convergence, including regular executive reviews and approvals
- Coordinate with JDM & CM partners and suppliers to execute the production plan and ensure on-time delivery and high-quality results
- Integrate with Engineering program management and other critical program stakeholders on early stage program development as a voice for long term factory engagement
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 8+ years of experience shipping high-volume hardware programs at scale with ODM and JDM partners overseas
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, prioritization, and triage of complicated issues
- Ability to communicate technical issues in a clear manner to an executive audience
- History of collaboration across technical & non-technical teams with strong relationship building skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, creative, and critical problem-solving capabilities
- Versed in project planning tools such as Microsoft Project, SmartSheets
- Familiar with JIRA and Confluence for issue tracking and project summary
- Familiar with PLM systems for BOM and ECO management
- Ability to travel internationally, depending on project needs
- BS in a relevant technical field e.g. EE, ME, or CS
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.