Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
The Security Operations Engineer is responsible for building, operating, and maintaining Samsara’s core information security infrastructure. Reporting to the Head of Information Security, you will collaborate with a global team of engineers to proactively identify and mitigate risks, respond to and manage security incidents, and protect Samsara’s corporate infrastructure and operations.
You take Security seriously, and strive to build low friction solutions developed in close partnership with others. In a typical day, you might meet with a vendor to scope an upcoming implementation of a new endpoint security tool, spend time refining our logging and alerting system to provide better insights, or take part in incident response as the primary security point of contact. Above all, your focus is on bringing Security expertise to the table in a collaborative, humble, and practical manner.
In this role, you will:
- Build, operate, and maintain information security infrastructure, including endpoint detection/response systems, data loss prevention software, logging and alerting tooling, and identity/access governance systems
- Proactively own the systems within your domain and lead incident response exercises when signals point to potential vulnerabilities or compromises
- Work with other teams across the organization to implement controls that align to Samsara’s compliance and internal security policies
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Broad exposure to various security approaches, frameworks, and tooling, with a deep understanding of core security concepts around endpoint protection, vulnerability management, and incident response
- Experience working in security operations within the technology sector
- Ability to work with business systems teams to collaboratively implement security controls across a diverse range of systems, such as Okta, Netsuite, Salesforce, and Google Workspaces
An ideal candidate also has:
- Specific experience with building logging and alerting systems that proactively help teams identify and mitigate potential security threats
- Experience working with legal and risk & compliance teams to implement NIST CSF or similar frameworks
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.