Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About this role:
We are looking for a results-driven, strategic leader to scale the global recruiting operations and programs function at Samsara. As a key member of the Recruiting Leadership Team, you will bring your expertise, creativity, and vision to support and enable hiring efforts as Samsara grows rapidly. This is a leader of leaders role, you’ll be responsible for multiple programs that enable Samsara recruiting and assessment operations, care for candidates, increase diversity and equity in recruiting, and increase efficiencies and non-linear scale.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and develop a high-performing and inclusive team responsible for recruiting operations, programs, coordination, and candidate experience.
- Lead the core global operational processes for the recruiting team and ensure we achieve hiring success by building and delivering programs that contribute to the success and delivery of our recruiting strategy and vision.
- Effectively manage a portfolio of projects and programs as well as investigate and implement best-in-class recruiting practices.
- Manage and optimize the recruiting technology suite including ATS, CRM, and other integrated platforms, ensuring vendor performance.
- Ensure the foundational infrastructure of process, tools, systems, and frameworks make our recruiting team more predictable, efficient, and scalable.
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about DE&I overall and in particular how to drive it through a measurable recruiting process.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required.
- You have 8+ years of experience in recruiting, customer support, or sales operations, with at least 3 years directly leading others.
- You have experience building, improving, and scaling recruiting processes and programs in a rapidly growing global organization.
- You have strong project management skills, communication skills, and operational rigor, with the ability to translate vision into action and measure success.
- You have knowledge of broad HR business functions, processes, and systems and experience partnering with cross-functional leaders.
- You have an ability to analyze, evaluate, and develop strategic and tactical solutions using data.
- Your emotional intelligence, empathy, and great judgment make you a trusted partner to cross-functional colleagues.
- Greenhouse and Workday experience is not required, but preferred.
- Knowledge of Affirmative Action and OFCCP compliance is a plus.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.