Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,600 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the Connected Apps product group, which is responsible for building apps and features that are focused on our customers’ mobile device experience.
We’re expanding into new markets and rapidly growing our team of mobile and full-stack experts. In this role, you will help define the architecture and implementation of a brand-new full-stack product and contribute meaningfully to Samsara’s mission of making our customers’ operations more safe, efficient, and sustainable.
We use React Native, Typescript, Redux, and GraphQL for our mobile apps, and Golang for our backend. Direct experience with these technologies is not required. This position can be office-based or fully remote.
In this role, you will:
- Use your understanding of the unique challenges of mobile development to architect, implement and maintain a new app
- Collaborate with other developers to develop a product that spans mobile, web, and backend
- Often lead the planning and implementation of challenging technical projects
- Build full-stack features that drive the growth of our product and business, and make customers happy
- Help mentor, develop, and support other engineers on the team
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 4+ years of experience building customer-facing applications
- 2+ years building iOS and/or Android applications
- Strong programming/coding fundamentals
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills
- Experience working on large-scale, distributed software applications
- Adaptability to changing needs and requirements
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience with React or React Native
- Highly competent in applying industry best practices such as agile methodologies, continuous integration, and unit testing
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Enjoys understanding users and what would make their day-to-day processes easier
- Loves the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment
- Loves shipping high-quality features that are immediately used by our customers
- Seeks to iterate on new products based on customer feedback
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.