Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
If you are a marketing generalist, that loves getting in the thick of it, leading the most strategic and important programmes in EMEA that could be anything from an Pan EMEA event series, a call-out-day programme, or even a localisation process - this is a role for you.
As the EMEA Marketing Programs Manager, you will use your marketing expertise and creativity to support and execute major pan EMEA programmes in line with regional business strategy. You will be responsible for building and supporting marketing initiatives to drive increased awareness and opportunities through the funnel and delivered to sales.
You’ll have an aptitude and passion for multi-channel marketing and specific experience in events and programme management, you will need strong knowledge of the EMEA cultural marketing landscape. You should be able to demonstrate excellent organization and planning skills and are expected to execute marketing initiatives with agility, speed and a customer-centric mentality.
In this role, you will:
- To develop, lead, drive and continuously optimize existing and new programs for Samsara as identified by the business and strategic marketing objectives
- Build & manage relationships with key global and EMEA stakeholders to understand their objectives and shape the program direction
- To help document clear processes for the EMEA team and project manage the execution.
- To drive cross functional programme teams to achieve outcomes and deadlines in line with the programme goals
- Be exceptionally structured and organised
- Manage marketing programmes, projects, budgets, and timelines
- Working with third party vendors (e.g. event and creative agencies and online platform providers) to create compelling experiences and business outcomes for our internal and external customers
- Ensure continuous learnings are captured giving visibility to the different stakeholders involved in the program
- Use creative and innovative approaches to solve programme and organizational challenges.
- Evaluating, measuring, and reporting on strategic effectiveness and ROI for program efforts, sharing the results in regional sales and marketing leadership meetings
- Being the voice of EMEA marketing to shape and refine global programs and experiences
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Broad experience in B2B technology marketing either from agency or vendor side
- Experience as Program Manager or Project manager in cross-functional complex projects with different level of stakeholder engagement
- Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done, a "owning it" personality who has the ability to drive process improvement while maintaining agility
- Strong drive for results, with the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
- A willingness to travel (as needed)
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Ability to work in a fast moving and pressured environment
- Real knowledge of marketing programs and integrated channels and experience in all key areas of a marketing department environment specifically with experience in running Pan EMEA events
- Ability to communicate and build successful relationships at all levels
- Exceptional planning, organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to motivate others and build relationships
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding in the different cultural dynamics across the European region
- Excellent organizational and project management skills: lead cross-functional teams to deliver programs, manage multiple projects simultaneously, work on tight deadlines and keep all programs on schedule
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.