Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Our Marketing Operations and Analytics team is a critical growth enabler that optimizes the lead lifecycle, manages day-to-day marketing initiatives, oversees Samsara’s MarTech stack, and enables the business with marketing performance insights. Our team promotes an agile, collaborative, supportive environment where diverse thinking, innovative design, and experimentation is welcomed and encouraged.
We aren’t just changing the way customers engage with us, we are creating a sustainable technology, data, and operational blueprint for a world-class scaled go-to-market team. We are passionate about data driving decisions and automation enabling us to spend more time listening to our customers.
Do you have a curious mindset that’s always hungry for data and will do what it takes to understand the why as well as the what?
Are you passionate about good visualization and tracking what matters for business growth?
We are looking for an analyst with a passion for digging into data, structuring problems, and building analyses to join Samsara’s growing Marketing Analytics team. In this role, you will be creative – using tools and methodologies to understand marketing levers and are eager to initiate new ideas, approaches and actions to move the business forward. You should know what it takes to be a marketer and apply data-driven insights for continuous improvement.
Our diverse team is growing, offering opportunities for continuous learning and career progression. Successful candidates can quickly expand skills and work on projects in Data Science, Machine Learning, Business / Growth Analytics and Data Engineering.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a reporting and insights portfolio to identify marketing, channel and sales performance - reflect marketing funnel stages and opportunity to optimize conversion
- Track campaign performance against key performance indicators, including but not limited to: costs, impressions, clicks, CTR, CVR, engagement and Sales leads
- Develop dashboards and one-off analyses, providing ability to surface business-critical KPIs, and monitor the health of marketing channels
- Identify, build and analyze key metrics and traffic patterns to measure attribution and performance of marketing programs
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis to uncover pipeline and campaign performance gaps
- Closely partner with Sales and Marketing teams as an advisor - ensure they understand the performance of their efforts and have actionable recommendations
- Produce monthly and weekly lead management reporting across Top and Middle of the Funnel for anomaly detection and additional investigation
- Contributing to Marketing initiatives to offer ideas and facilitate the establishment and measurement of KPIs
- Communicate insights using data visualization and presentations to a range of stakeholders
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3+ years in an analytical role, preferably digital Marketing analytics
- Experience analyzing B2B marketing strategies, channels and lifecycle identifying areas of opportunity and optimization
- Proficient in SQL and visualization platforms (Tableau preferred)
- Advanced Excel/google sheets skills including pivots, vlookups, and ability to build complex formulas
- Strong analytical skills and deep experience with data analysis and report building
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to see a project through to the end
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced business environment
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to succinctly communicate results and tell compelling stories with data
- Familiarity with web analytics and tracking platforms
An ideal candidate also has:
- Knowledge of Marketo, Salesforce.com and Google Analytics
- Experience working with Segment and MixPanel
- Familiarity with Marketing Technologies (MarTech stacks)
- Advanced user of Salesforce with ability to create custom native reporting
- Experience integrating data from core Sales and Marketing platforms (e.g. Marketing Automation, CRM, and web analytics)
- Hands-on experience working with Data Bricks and/or Google Big Query
- Data Science, machine learning or predictive analytics experience
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.