Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
As a Sales Graduate at Samsara, you will be trained, both on-the-job and with formal training programs led by a high-performing team of sales professionals, to develop into an Outbound Account Development Representative (ADR).
A typical career path for a Sales Graduate includes 6-12 months in a Sales Graduate Role, 18-24 months in an ADR role, then progression to an Account Executive position.
On a daily basis, you will be responsible for timely responses to inbound inquiries, expanding our list of prospects by finding new companies to target, and ultimately contributing to the generation of new business in EMEA for Samsara.
This position is based in our European Headquarters in London and you will work remotely on a regular basis.
In this role, you will:
- Provide a timely response to inquiries from prospective customers, and book demos of Samsara’s products
- Receive weekly training on the Samsara way of selling, to be prepared for your next role in Sales as an outbound Account Development Representative (ADR)
- Work directly with ADR and Account Executives (AE, Mid Market and Enterprise) to find new business opportunities
- Keep meticulous records of interactions with leads in our CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Highly motivated and ambitious, with strong desire to work in target driven sales
- Competitive and driven to succeed in a high-performing team
- Curious and able to ask insightful questions
- A champion of a Growth Mindset
- Highly Proficient in English
- Fluency in French / German / Dutch is required
An ideal candidate also has:
- 6-12 months of work experience in a sales environment but not essential
- Experience in cold calling prospects (outbound lead generation)
- Proven track record of achievements beyond work (e.g. academics, sports, charity, …)
- Motivated to help building a fast-growing business in the IoT and SaaS space
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.