Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious Sales Compensation Analyst interested in helping steer a fast-growing IoT startup. Working closely with a senior management team that has successfully built and exited a billion-dollar business, you will help scale our revenue-generating operations by building and managing our Sales Compensation programs. You will work collaboratively across departments to manage commissions systems, develop policies, and administer commissions payments. The ideal candidate has impeccable attention to detail, is self-motivated, and experienced in managing Sales Compensation programs and teams. You will be instrumental in building our Global Sales Compensation team and supporting our sales teams in the Bay Area and Europe. Proven analytical, managerial, and communication skills are required.
This position is based in our Atlanta location.
In this role, you will:
- Help develop and implement sales commission policies and processes for our sales teams across all segments; develop processes that scale as the company continues hyper-growth
- Administer all sales variable payments, including commissions, draws, MBOs, and SPIFFs in accordance with the monthly commission process for all commissionable employees
- Ensure accurate and timely distribution of individual sales compensation documents to a global sales organization
- Resolve commissions disputes and inquiries and process corrections and adjustments
- Understand and apply the commission plan consistently, ensuring commissions calculations comply with policies and manages exception requests
- Participate in building a global sales compensation team, administering appropriate technologies, and incorporating best practices
- Support Sales leadership, Sales Operations, and Finance teams with compensation metrics and reporting, including cost of sales analysis month to month and quarter to quarter
- Create and document business processes for monthly/quarterly close, commission accounting tasks, and audits; perform monthly audits and data reviews to ensure commission accuracy
- Set up and maintain all commission plan participants, including new hires, terminations, and in-year and/or year-over-year changes
- Reconcile SFDC monthly bookings with Finance team
- Drive system design and configuration changes for Sales Compensation Plan changes
- Proactively recommend and deliver process improvements
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a Sales Compensation role is required; experience at a high-growth technology company or company with 300+ employees on a commission is a plus
- Bachelor Degree required; preferably in Finance, Economics, or related field
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills; advanced skills in MS Excel
- Experience in automated sales commissions systems and their set-up and operation is a plus (e.g. Xactly, Callidus, Anaplan, Oracle EIM, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in a collaborative, start-up-paced environment, proven attention to detail, good business acumen and awareness of business trends, high degree of motivation, responsibility, and flexibility
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.