Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara’s Hardware Quality team enables an exceptional customer experience by building reliable hardware, identifying gaps in product performance, and engaging cross-functionally to resolve key issues. In this role, a successful candidate will create dashboards, queries, data automation tools, and simple models to provide insight into the health of Samsara's IoT products, from manufacturing to field performance.
In this role, you will:
- Create and maintain dashboards, queries, and simple models that bring visibility to manufacturing data and field health for Samsara products.
- Perform a variety of exploratory analyses that help us understand the health of our products and identify opportunities for improvement and optimization.
- Partner with hardware, support, product, and manufacturing teams to understand broad problem statements, and translate those broad problem statements into specific data pipeline/visualization plans.
- Take a practical approach to data analytics, referencing realistic thresholds and cross-referencing with field examples to ensure data is high quality.
- Communicate results and gather feedback to technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3+ years experience as a data analyst, data engineer, or related role
- High level of proficiency using SQL, Python, and Tableau
- BA / MS or equivalent coursework in quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, etc.)
- Experience working with large data sets to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated success working on a cross-functional team
- Ability to quickly learn how Samsara’s products work
- Experience with data manipulation and processing, preferably in SQL or Python (e.g., using PySpark or Pandas)
- Experience building statistical and other analytical models, preferably in Python (e.g., using scikit-learn, NumPy, etc.)
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience in ensuring the reliability of data sources
- Familiarity with Databricks platform
- Familiarity with IoT products and data
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.