Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
This role will report to the Manager, Revenue, and will be part of a team that is critical to the Company’s adherence with and on-going evaluation of our revenue accounting policy, month end close process and reporting function. In this challenging role, you will improve efficiency of close processes, work cross-functionally with legal, sales, corporate accounting and finance to develop and enhance internal revenue systems, support management of key revenue controls, and be involved in supporting major projects that impact the entire accounting organization.
In this role, you will:
- Actively involved in the monthly close process including preparation of reports and analysis, prepare journal entries, and flux analysis at month-end close
- Assist with performing balance sheet reconciliations, maintain supporting schedules for various entities and accounts, and assist with discrepancy resolutions
- Participate in critical accounting projects, including the implementation of new system logic or enhancements, and support new product launches to ensure revenue is recognized appropriately
- Enhance existing processes and controls, perform and maintain assigned internal controls
- Identify opportunities for outsourcing and work on automation projects to improve the speed and efficiency of the monthly revenue close
- Collaborate with key cross-functional stakeholders including finance, business operations, and sales operations on a variety of projects
- Support external audit requirements
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Proficient knowledge of revenue recognition in US GAAP under 606
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years professional Accounting or Finance experience; Public accounting background is a plus
- Month-end close experience preferred, experience with order-to-cash cycle
- Familiarity with ASC 606 contract reviews
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest mass amounts of data require
- Experience with Netsuite, Netsuite ARM or other large financial systems
- Knowledge of and basic ability to read and write SQL a bonus
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.