Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Founded in San Francisco six years ago, we’ve come a long way since then. We now employ over 1,600 people globally and have over a million devices out in the field. Last year, we hit a valuation of $5.4 billion during our series F funding round.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100
- Featured in LinkedIn’s Top Startups awards for 4 years running
Even better, we’re only just getting started here in Europe!
We are looking for an Operations Specialist to process and ship enterprise and mid-size customer orders from our London office.
It’s challenging work, requiring the post holder to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment - you’ll be the person making sure our customers get their kit, so a lot of people will be relying on you! It’s a high profile role that will work closely with Sales, Finance, Customer Success, Product and Engineering teams.
There’s ample room to progress within our rapidly growing business - the team is relatively small in London, but it’s growing fast!
In this role, you will:
- Ensure orders are processed accurately and in a timely fashion; audit and communicate errors with Sales team within company CRM system
- Partner with Inventory team to ensure inventory accuracy using company ERP system
- Troubleshoot and resolve errors within our iPaaS system
- Communicate with our 3PL to expedite orders and resolve shipment delays/issues among various shipping carriers
- Quickly solve Sales team and Customer pain points while developing ideas for long term solutions
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, collaborate with cross functional partners, and create implementation of new process/policies
- Develop operational measurements to identify business process issues and provide recommendations and solutions to business challenges
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 2+ years experience in a logistics or shipping perations role - we’re a busy team, so need people
- Exceptional team player with demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, working well under pressure, exceptional communication skills and high level of adaptability in a rapidly evolving environment
- CRM (Salesforce) & ERP (Oracle/Netsuite) experience preferred
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
An ideal candidate also has:
- Zendesk experience a plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.