Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
At Samsara, we invest in our people and hiring is a team effort that is crucial to our success. We are looking for a talented and experienced Recruiter to partner with leaders in our Research & Development org to hire some of our most senior and strategic openings. This team recruits for Software Engineering, Embedded Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Product Management, Product Design, Machine Learning and Data. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to make a big impact by helping to hire our most specialized technical positions. Our recruiting team operates at a fast pace while delivering the best in class candidate experience.
In this role, you will:
- Manage Full-Cycle Recruiting: Create and implement strategies to solve complex problems and build diverse pipelines across Samsara’s R&D teams. Find and engage passive candidates through creative sourcing techniques and help them envision life at Samsara. Effectively manage multiple specialized requisitions and candidates while creating and owning a flawlessly positive candidate experience
- Be a Talent Advisor: Partner closely with hiring managers to deeply understand their teams and goals. Organize and facilitate interview debriefs and drive offer approval, extension and negotiation. Identify closing strategies for offers and proactively provide candidates with the appropriate information to help make their decision as easy as possible
- Influence with data: Independently address and unblock data analysis challenges. Extract and synthesize insights. Identify headwinds and tailwinds with a search.
- Communicate Effectively - Tailor written and verbal communication to different audiences and situations.
- Manage Stakeholders - Be seen as a trusted partner by other key cross-functional points of contact. Able to identify friction points, set appropriate expectations, and drive initiatives to overcome obstacles with a search.
- Be a DEI Advocate - Develop and implement sourcing strategies and marketing programs to identify top talent and build diverse candidate pipelines. Advise on structured interview processes that mitigates unconscious bias. Coach leaders and interviewers in inclusive interviewing best practices and objective feedback.
- Be Brilliant at the Basics: Track pipeline data and provide relevant and consistent updates to hiring managers. Maintain high attention to detail when entering data into Greenhouse (ATS) and other recruiting tools
- Mentor Others: Assist and mentor Recruiting Coordinators, Sourcers, and Recruiters. Help onboard new recruiting team members. Regularly review and provide feedback on other team members’ work.
- Be a Cultural Champion: Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 8+ year of recruiting experience in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team
- Proven strategic sourcer and closer
- Team player with an eye for talent who loves connecting people and opportunities
- Able to confidently represent Samsara with professionalism both internally and externally
- Target driven, detail oriented, approachable and able to bring up others around you
- Previous tech experience preferred, and an unwavering ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Greenhouse or equivalent ATS experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.