Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
In Samsara’s Core Business Technology team, we work to deliver awesome systems, support, and experiences that enable our teams to be as impactful as possible. As a member of the team, you’ll be responsible for owning the technology and processes that enable our people to do their best work.
In this role, you will:
- Be the primary owner for our operational data platform: drive visibility into processes and applications, develop insights to support decision making, and partner with our security teams to uncover threats and vulnerabilities
- Develop and deploy new architecture patterns for services that maximize availability, security, scalability, and livability for the supporting team
- Research, assess, and incorporate the best new vendors and technologies into our stack
- Design, build, deploy, integrate, and maintain the core technologies and services that power our business
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3+ years of experience in an Software or IT Systems Engineering role
- Advanced data management and analysis skills including familiarity with databases and log management systems
- Solid fundamentals of IT infrastructure, security, and corporate systems
- Enthusiasm for helping others by learning and building things
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience with Splunk including Enterprise Security
- Knowledge of AWS cloud services: Lambda, EC2, S3, etc
- Developed and managed applications in a team environment
- Exposure to a SaaS-first IT environment (Google Workspace, Okta, Slack, Zoom, etc)
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.