Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara is searching for a highly adaptable, motivated, and execution-oriented Executive Assistant. This EA will directly support two VPs on the technical side of the business and will be responsible for executing administrative duties and special projects. The ideal candidate is self-directed and autonomous, is capable of managing a varied workload from multiple inputs, and can prioritize the day to day against the bigger picture. In this role, you’ll report into the Administrative Operations Manager and be supported by a team of fellow EAs. Your primary responsibility will be to work alongside your executives and key departmental stakeholders to provide top tier administrative support.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and optimize multiple executive calendars
- Be a representative of your executive, including meeting coordination, email correspondence, liaising between departments and key stakeholders, and taking meeting minutes
- Assist in creating and managing agendas for departmental staff meetings
- Help organize and plan for internal events (offsites, team-building, etc.)
- Plan and book complex travel itineraries
- Lead special projects under your executive’s direction
- Anticipate and react to executive requests in an expedient manner
- General administrative duties
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience (2 must be as an Executive Assistant)
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize and work
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive with a strong bias to action
- A strong sense of direction around sensitive scenarios confidential information
- Familiarity with a startup office environment and strong understanding of how business works
- Friendly and professional demeanor and is excited about contributing to our team culture
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.