Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking a Technical Program Manager to own and drive delivery for high-impact programs in the product engineering team. As part of this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work across multiple groups in Samsara, including our Machine Learning team, full-stack teams, firmware/embedded teams, and our hardware teams. The Principal TPM role requires excellent leadership skills, strategic thinking, strong technical expertise, the ability to partner across Samsara, and the ability to manage high-impact projects.
In this role, you will:
- Drive Samsara’s largest engineering projects, coordinating across the company as needed to deliver high-quality capabilities to our customers.
- Develop and operate organization-wide mechanisms to improve engineering excellence.
- Work across TPMs in Samsara to improve our project delivery practices.
- Mentor other Samsara TPMs, growing a culture of TPM excellence.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams, as TPM or engineer
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience conceptualizing complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners
An ideal candidate also has:
- A master degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field.
- Experience working with cross-functional groups, including customers/users, hardware, supply chain/logistics, test, product management, ops.
- Strong technical, analytical, and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive decisions.
- Experience building ML or CV backed features, IoT, and big data.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.