Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Are you a talented software engineer that is excited to learn about business and contribute to the growth of an innovative IoT startup? We’re looking for a Growth Engineer who can help us build all of our e-commerce and self-service revenue products at Samsara.
As Growth Engineers we ask questions like “what can we build to improve gross margins?” and “how can we build best-in-class e-commerce experiences?” We then build, test and measure the impact of the experiments we run. We appreciate software engineers who are quick to pick up new frameworks/tools and are thoughtful about building quickly while being mindful of technical debt. The software we build has a direct impact on both revenue and our bottom line.
In this role, you will:
- Leverage data to understand our customers and our funnel in depth, identify areas of opportunity and execute projects to drive revenue, customer growth, retention, and/or engagement
- Build customer-facing e-commerce products from the ground up using a combination of custom frontends, Cloud applications, backend services, scripts, etc.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales operations and product teams to implement growth initiatives
- Lead engineering discussions and write thoughtful documentation and unit tests
- Be a champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Experience working or interning in a full stack, API engineering or application services role
- Knowledgeable about modern web technologies and testing frameworks
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to partner with different parts of the organization to identify and solve major business problems
- Desire to learn about the business side of a startup
- B.S., M.S. degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related technical experience.
An ideal candidate also has:
- 1+ years of experience on a Growth/E-commerce team
- Experience using Vue in production web applications
- Experience using AWS services: ElasticBeanstalk, Lambda, CloudFront
- Knowledge of any of the following tools: Stripe, Contentful, or similar products
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.