Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Do you have a curious mindset that’s always hungry for data and will do what it takes to understand the why as well as the what?
Are you passionate about good visualization and tracking what matters for business growth?
We are looking for an analyst with a passion for digging into data, structuring problems, and building analyses to join Samsara’s growing Marketing Analytics team. In this role you will be creative -- using tools and methodologies to understand marketing levers and are eager to initiate new ideas, approaches and actions to move the business forward. You should know what it takes to be a marketer and apply data-driven insights for continuous improvement.
Our diverse team is growing, offering opportunities for continuous learning and career progression. Successful candidates can quickly expand skills and work on projects in Data Science, Machine Learning, Business / Growth Analytics and Data Engineering.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a reporting and insights portfolio to identify marketing, channel and sales performance - reflect marketing funnel stages and opportunity to optimize conversion.
- Track campaign performance against key performance indicators, including but not limited to: costs, impressions, clicks, CTR, CVR, engagement and Sales leads.
- Develop dashboards and one-off analyses, providing ability to surface business-critical KPIs, and monitor the health of marketing channels.
- Identify, build and analyze key metrics and traffic patterns to measure attribution and performance of marketing programs.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis to uncover pipeline and campaign performance gaps.
- Closely partner with Sales and Marketing teams as an advisor - ensure they understand the performance of their efforts and have actionable recommendations.
- Produce monthly and weekly lead management reporting across Top and Middle of the Funnel for anomaly detection and additional investigation.
- Contribute to Marketing initiatives to offer ideas and facilitate the establishment and measurement of KPIs.
- Communicate insights using data visualization and presentations to a range of stakeholders.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3+ years in an analytical role, preferably digital Marketing analytics
- Experience analyzing B2B marketing strategies, channels and lifecycle identifying areas of opportunity and optimization
- Proficient in SQL and visualization platforms (Tableau preferred)
- Advanced Excel/google sheets skills including pivots, vlookups, and ability to build complex formulas
- Strong analytical skills and deep experience with data analysis and report building
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to see a project through to the end
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced business environment
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to succinctly communicate results and tell compelling stories with data
- Familiarity with web analytics and tracking platforms
An ideal candidate also has:
- Knowledge of Marketo, Salesforce.com and Google Analytics.
- Experience working with Segment and MixPanel.
- Familiarity with Marketing Technologies (MarTech stacks).
- Advanced user of Salesforce with ability to create custom native reporting
- Experience integrating data from core Sales and Marketing platforms (e.g. Marketing Automation, CRM, and web analytics).
- Hands-on experience working with Data Bricks and/or Google Big Query.
- Data Science, machine learning or predictive analytics experience.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.