Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
As a key member of the HR Operations team, you will lead the continued expansion and deployment of Workday functionality and partner with the HR leadership team to deepen our HR tech stack to support Samsara’s long-term growth objectives. You are comfortable acting as an internal consultant to global HR and business stakeholders, and can showcase your experience using HR technology solutions to develop lasting solutions that solve complex business challenges. Lastly, you are highly driven and bring demonstrated experience succeeding in high growth, fast-paced organizations.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as the Workday subject matter expert, from building highly scalable and streamlined HCM processes and data reporting, to the configuration and execution of Advance Compensation, Benefits, Workday Mobile and Time Tracking
- Manage system enhancements through a highly collaborative stakeholder management process, ensuring business requests are vetted against best practice options, requirements are properly documented, and agreed upon deliverables are completed on-time
- Be innovative in managing complex cross-functional people data through globally scalable business processes and multiple people systems
- Create thorough persona-driven test scenarios, ensuring all new and enhanced functionality is vetted for deployment across a globally diverse employee experience
- Drive the exploration of unreleased functionality, as well as lead the assessment of system upgrades and annual releases, ensuring business impact is mitigated through disciplined and deliberate regression testing
- Manage system configuration, reporting, and business process documentation to support global operations at scale, ensuring documents meet current and future compliance reporting requirements (e.g., SOX audit and controls reporting)
- Be a present and highly engaged mentor to junior HR Operations team members to up-level Workday configuration and operational experience
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years experience in HR in fast-growing, global companies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- Highly adept at Workday HCM configuration with in-depth knowledge of broad suite of Workday modules (e.g., HCM, Advanced Compensation, Benefits, Absence Management, EIBs and Integrations) with experience running compensation planning cycles across multiple performance periods
- Must have stellar written and verbal communication skills, and be comfortable communicating to larger audiences
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently; solutions-oriented; thrives in ambiguity
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
An ideal candidate also has:
- Highly inclusive leadership style to coach and mentor junior members of the team, as well as build strong relationships with HR leadership and other key stakeholders
- Workday administration experience in a public company
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.