Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role
Founded in San Francisco six years ago, we’ve come a long way since then. We now employ over 1,500 people globally and have over a million devices out in the field. Last year, we hit a valuation of $5.4 billion during our series F funding round.
We're one of the fastest growing companies to come out of Silicon Valley in recent years, too - we've hit $300m Annual Recurring Revenue faster than Slack, Workday, Snowflake and Twilio. Our products offer solutions to real world problems, allowing us to tap into markets that simply didn't exist a few years ago.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100
- Featured in LinkedIn’s Top Startups awards for 4 years running
Even better, we’re only just getting started here in Europe. There is considerable demand for our services and we have an aggressive growth plan in place.
Our Senior Technical Support Engineers are experts on Samsara’s IoT and cloud services. It’s deeply complex stuff, offering up unrivalled personal and professional development that most support teams never get exposure to.
You’ll partner with client-side technical specialists, along with our own Product and Engineering teams, to identify issues, build solutions and deliver an outstanding service.
As our first French-speaking Technical Support Engineer in the EMEA team, you’ll own the French region, taking on a lead role as the business continues to experience hyper-growth.
Jobs like this don’t come around very often.
In this role, you will:
- Product Expertise: Become an expert on Samsara’s product portfolio of complete Internet of Things (“IoT”) solutions combining hardware, software, and cloud to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across multiple industries.
- Technical Troubleshooting: Use your technical knowledge and product expertise to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues with medium to high complexity.
- Responsiveness & Resolution: Respond to customers and resolve their inquiries in a timely and helpful manner with a primary focus on meeting our SLA goals.
- Documentation: Partner with Enablement to author and maintain customer-facing knowledge base articles to help improve the self-servisablity for our end users.
- Partnerships: Work closely to develop partnerships with our Engineering and Product teams in order to reproduce bugs and build testbeds as necessary.
- Feedback Loop: Provide direct feedback to Support management for product and process improvements to help enhance the customer experience.
- Team Player: Be a champion of Samsara’s cultural values: Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, and Have a Growth Mindset.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar field
- 3+ years of experience in an Engineering level role
- Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Strong bias for action, ability to dive deep, and insistence on the highest standards
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, creativity, and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Fluent in French
- Heavy equipment experience and electro mechanical systems expertise
- Automotive or Diesel controls engineering experience (CAN/OBD/J1939)
- IoT, networking and wireless troubleshooting skills
- Data Analysis skills. SQL/JSON/Python/Tableau
- Strong familiarity with using CRMs like Zendesk or Salesforce
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.