Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Founded in San Francisco six years ago, we’ve come a long way since then. We now employ over 1,600 people globally and have over a million devices out in the field. Last year, we hit a valuation of $5.4 billion during our series F funding round.
We're one of the fastest growing companies to come out of Silicon Valley in recent years, too - we've hit $300m ARR faster than Slack, Workday, Snowflake and Twilio. Our products offer solutions to real world problems, allowing us to tap into markets that simply didn't exist a few years ago.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100
- Top 4 place in LinkedIn’s Top Startups awards for 2 years running
Even better, we’re only just getting started here in Europe. There is considerable demand for our services and we have an aggressive hiring plan in place.
This role will be a key figure in the EMEA region. VPs and Directors will value your input, and you’ll be encouraged to find solutions to problems we’re not aware of yet. Recruiters at Samsara are valued team members who continuously raise the bar - there’s ample room to make this role your own.
In this role, you will:
- Manage Full-Cycle Sales Recruiting: Create and implement strategies to solve problems and build diverse pipelines across Samsara’s sales and corporate teams through sourcing, referrals, research, events, and social media. Find and engage passive candidates through creative sourcing techniques and help them envision life at Samsara. Effectively manage multiple requisitions and candidates during high volume periods while creating and owning a flawlessly positive candidate experience.
- Be a Talent Advisor: Partner closely with hiring managers to deeply understand their teams and goals. Organize and facilitate interview debriefs and drive offer approval, extension and negotiation. Identify closing strategies for offers and proactively provide candidates with the appropriate information to help make their decision as easy as possible. Identify new ways to build awareness of Samsara in new hiring markets.
- Influence with Data: Independently address and unblock data analysis challenges. Extract and synthesize insights. Identify headwinds and tailwinds with a search.
- Communicate Effectively - Tailor written and verbal communication to different audiences and situations.
- Manage Stakeholders - Be seen as a trusted partner by other key cross-functional points of contact. Able to identify friction points, set appropriate expectations, and drive initiatives to overcome obstacles with a search.
- Be a DEI Advocate - Develop and implement sourcing strategies and marketing programs to identify top talent and build diverse candidate pipelines. Advise on structured interview processes that mitigates unconscious bias. Coach leaders and interviewers in inclusive interviewing best practices and objective feedback.
- Be Brilliant at the Basics: Track pipeline data and provide relevant and consistent updates to hiring managers. Maintain high attention to detail when entering data into Greenhouse (ATS) and other recruiting tools.
- Mentor Others: Assist and mentor Recruiting Coordinators, Sourcers, and Recruiters. Help onboard new recruiting team members. Regularly review and provide feedback on other team members’ work.
- Be a Cultural Champion: Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Proven strategic sourcer and closer
- Team player with an eye for talent who loves connecting people and opportunity
- Able to confidently represent Samsara with professionalism both internally and externally
- Target driven, detail oriented, approachable and able to bring up others around you
- 5+ years of recruiting experience in a fast-paced and hyper-growth environment
- Ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team
An ideal candidate would also have:
- You will be comfortable hiring across all vacancies, but will have a flair for sourcing high performing Sales specialists
- Previous startup / scaleup experience preferred
- Business fluent in English, plus either Dutch, German or French is a bonus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.