Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Invoicing & Adjustments team members are responsible for the accurate and timely invoicing of customers. They will ensure customers receive invoices, account statements, and adjustments (credit memos/returns) timely and accurately. Focusing on ensuring customers understand their invoices (via billing dashboard, email, or KP articles), and being reminded to pay prior to the due date will be the focus for the team members. The team will be expected to process credits related to subsidies, partner rebates, refunds, or concessions, providing documentation of completed transactions to Samsara customers, applied appropriately to the invoice and reflecting on the customer statement. This role will be measured by KPI’s related to volume trends, custom invoicing management, and customer case volume.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure customer invoices are accurate and for all customers
- Enroll global customers into consolidated invoicing, ensuring they understand the nuances of the program
- Create credit transactions for customers with returns, subsidies, partner credits (insurance rebates), concessions
- Answer internal and external questions on invoicing, adjustment transactions, and statements
- Identify and correct system errors causing invoices to fail to automatically send
- Create custom billing schedules in NetSuite
- Accommodate specialty invoicing requests
- Upload invoices to portals when required
- Create customer facing documentation answering frequently asked billing questions
- Assist in project work to improve the overall invoicing process
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years in Accounts Receivable, preferably in an invoicing or billing specific role
- Proficient in Excel
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Ariba
- Experience with Coupa
- Experience with Oracle
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.