Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
As a member of the External Communications team, you will lead our financial communications, public policy, and crisis preparedness initiatives. This is a high profile role that will require cross-functional collaboration across IR, Legal, Product, Marketing, and with our executive team.
In your first 60 days you will:
- Partner with the Director of Communications on our Q3 mock earnings process, script, remarks, and mock media plan.
- Work with our outside agency to refine Samsara’s crisis communications plan, including developing materials for key scenarios.
- Work with Samsara’s Legal team to scope an initial public policy plan for Samsara.
- Represent the Communications team in internal working groups related to privacy and ethics.
- Partner with the Director of Communications and the rest of the Communications team on broader corporate initiatives inclusive of messaging, media training, and executive thought leadership.
Samsara is at a pivotal moment in the company’s history, and this role will help shape what that looks like in the years to come. If that sounds exciting, we’d love to talk to you! This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Lead Financial and Mergers and Acquisition communications, including Samsara’s quarterly earnings process and media strategy.
- Engage with business/financial media and other external stakeholders.
- Effectively partner with key internal stakeholders across IR, Legal, Marketing, Product, and our executive team.
- Partner with the Director of Communications to develop an effective speakers bureau and thought leadership program for our executive team.
- Manage reputational issues by refining Samsara’s crisis communications plan and representing Communications on internal working groups.
- Define and lead Samsara’s policy communications strategy, in partnership with the Legal team.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 10+ years of experience in technology public relations, preferably in a high-growth and/or B2B environment.
- Experience leading or executing earnings communications for a publicly traded company.
- Experience leading or executing a crisis communications strategy for a company, inclusive of proactive issues mitigation strategies.
- Experience working with public policy stakeholders to proactively manage a company’s reputation.
- Experience working directly with executives and supporting executive communications programs.
- Solid working relationships with top-tier technology and financial press.
- Experience managing cross-functional initiatives involving multiple stakeholders across an organization.
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization — from individual contributors to executive staff.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.