Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking an exceptional strategic brand and creative leader who will be responsible for scaling the company brand through storytelling, design systems, creative initiatives, and campaigns. This is a highly collaborative role that will help bring to life compelling narratives—both customer and internal-facing— through multiple channels/mediums including conferences, video, digital channels, social, email, website, blogs, and much more. This role will report to the VP of Marketing/CMO and will efficiently manage in-house creative resources, external freelancers/agencies, and inspire and deliver outstanding work and assets required to execute on a marketing strategy that drives business results.
In this role, you will:
- Continue to develop, inspire and lead a best-in-class brand and creative marketing team.
- Hire and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team across multiple pillars of brand and design.
- Work with marketing leaders in understanding company strategic initiatives that can translate into creative initiatives and marketing materials.
- Develop and implement an integrated global brand marketing strategic plan to best position Samsara as the leader of the Connected Operations Cloud.
- Create a brand strategy that will allow Samsara to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences in support of organizational goals.
- Directly lead the creative process in advertising campaigns and coordination including video, graphic design, imagery, organizational presentations, and pitch decks to prospective business partners.
- Drive innovative and out-of-the-box thinking with respect to new ideas/programs/initiatives, with a strong focus on the creative medium: visual arts, video, graphics, campaigns, and animation.
- Oversee the entire workflow from ideation to the final product while ensuring quality and style meet our standards, strategies, and objectives
- Strategically push the creative integrity of all campaigns and deliverables.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders on talent brand, recruiting, and employee-facing initiative.
- Build out a structure that will help Samsara scale our branding and creative work globally.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 15+ years of experience in technology plus creative agency with 5+ years of managing a brand or creative team
- Leadership experience at hyper growth companies and hands on expertise in scaling high performance teams
- Highly skilled in presentation design and presenting to high-level stakeholders (directors and C-suite)
- Deep knowledge of all creative design, brand marketing & collaboration tools, and digital platforms
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to manage, motivate and develop teams of various levels/skills
- Strong writing acumen (i.e., storytelling, messaging, brand guidelines copy)
- Strong project management skills and attention-to-detail and can zoom in and out from big picture strategy to nuanced creative execution
- Ability to identify, track and present metrics for success for creative projects
- Experience collaborating with product marketing/owners in an in-house environment
- Strong written and verbal English communication and presentation skills
An ideal candidate also has:
- Hands-on experience working with videographers or video teams.
- Brand marketing and creative experience.
- Experience managing agencies, working on global campaigns, building brand narratives through compelling storytelling and visual forms.
- Fluency in other languages.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.