Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for an experienced finance professional to join the team as Senior Manager, Finance & Strategy. You will directly support our Marketing, Partner Channel and Account Development teams and work closely with senior leadership and across our go-to-market organization (Marketing, Sales, Business Operations) to achieve corporate goals. You will maintain financial forecasts, perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform capital allocation decisions and drive initiatives to scale the business. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, analytical, thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable thinking in front of senior leadership. This is a highly visible role in the organization involving close partnership with senior business leaders across Samsara.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver world-class business partnership to multiple executives across our Marketing and Sales departments
- Work closely with Samsara leaders to inform strategic decisions and maintain accurate near-term and long-term financial operating plans
- Perform data-driven analysis to identify, evaluate and execute on value creation initiatives, investment opportunities and risk mitigation strategies
- Drive alignment and execution of complex cross functional initiatives
- Build scalable processes and systems to enhance financial visibility, control and planning effectiveness that support the next wave of Samsara’s growth
- Identify and track key internal and external metrics to guide operational impact
- Compile and present recommendations to senior management
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged and high performing team
The ideal candidate has:
- 7+ years of finance & strategy, strategic finance or FP&A experience, preferably partnering with go-to-market organizations at a high growth SaaS company
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity and willingness to take ownership of complex problems
- Ability to influence decision making at the executive level, distill key concepts and be articulate in presentation
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to prioritize across multiple projects and adapt to business changes
- Excellent analytical skills
- Expertise working with systems and automated reporting tools (Salesforce, Adaptive Planning, Tableau, NetSuite, Workday)
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or an MBA
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. Learn more about our approach to Flexible Workplaces here.