Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Founded in San Francisco six years ago, we’ve come a long way since then. We now employ over 1,600 people globally and have over a million devices out in the field. Last year, we hit a valuation of $5.4 billion during our series F funding round.
We're one of the fastest growing companies to come out of Silicon Valley in recent years, too - we've hit $300m ARR faster than Slack, Workday, Snowflake and Twilio. Our products offer solutions to real world problems, allowing us to tap into markets that simply didn't exist a few years ago.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100
- Top 4 place in LinkedIn’s Top Startups awards for 2 years running
Even better, we’re only just getting started here in Europe. There is considerable demand for our services and we have an aggressive hiring plan in place.
We are seeking a talented individual to tell our story in France. You’ll support and lead creative marketing campaigns, product launches, and execute marketing strategies to accelerate Samsara’s positioning.
This will be our first Marketing hire in the region, but you’ll be supported by world-class global and UK-based teams as and when you need. There’s ample room to make this job your own.
This role can be either remote or based in our soon-to-open Paris hub.
In this role, you will:
- Execute storytelling to convey Samsara’s position in France; optimised to drive ROI for customers
- Define a regional specific marketing plan that supports the regional Sales strategy
- Own global and regional product launches that speak to our customers, tailoring messaging for each country encouraging adoption and awareness
- Lead and implement demand gen marketing campaigns that resonate with internal and external audiences. Partner with growth and demand generation teams to execute and measure results
- Lead customer partnership and PR communications; building customer case studies showcasing the value of Samsara across various industries with quantifiable metrics
- Develop insights based on market research, competitive analysis, campaign effectiveness, and industry trends and translate those insights into actionable recommendations that promote business objectives and drive tangible results.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (obsess over the customer, build for the long term, growth mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years of experience in marketing / advertising / PR, consulting, or similar
- Native French speaker
- Excellent communication and storytelling (written, verbal, and visual)
- Strong project management skills, ability to handle projects end-to-end
- Analytical chops to measure the effectiveness of marketing programs
- Attention to detail and a commitment to exceptional work are part of your personal philosophy
- Marketing automation/operations expertise is preferred
- Experience in a B2B technology environment is a big plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.