Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
The Demand Generation team is core to all marketing campaigns at Samsara. As the Manager of the Demand Generation Team, you will be responsible for a team of 4-6 full stack demand gen marketers. You will contribute towards the Growth Marketing team’s quarterly pipeline commitments while working with Product Marketing, Field Marketing, and Sales to execute high quality integrated campaigns, webinars, email nurtures, and direct mail campaigns.
You will be joining at an exciting time at Samsara with a clear path to growing the team’s size, scope, and impact. This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee the creation, implementation, and optimization of marketing campaigns; work collaboratively with Growth, Product Marketing, Customer Marketing, and Sales teams to develop and optimize campaigns
- Lead strategic development of multi-channel campaigns including but not limited to, email, direct mail, and webinars, while exploring new channels to reach our prospects
- Forecast, measure, analyze and report on the impact of demand creation activities on sales pipeline and revenue; continuously evaluate the performance and ROI of campaigns, adjusting demand tactics and strategy accordingly
- Work closely with Product Marketing on bringing new features and products to market
- Develop and mature Samsara’s campaign operations processes to support company wide communications with our customers and prospects
- Influence the buildout of the martech stack to maximize demand generation efforts
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in marketing, preferably at a global, high growth B2B SaaS company
- 2+ years of experience managing and developing a high performing team
- Degree in Marketing, Business, or a quantitative field
- Experience creating and executing marketing programs and ability to develop strong internal partnerships, with a focus on Sales team collaboration
- Ability to design experiments, interpret data, and develop recommendations with a strong iterate mindset
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the ability to assess, prioritize, pivot, and problem-solve across multiple projects
- Expertise with B2B marketing tech stack including Salesforce, Marketo, and On24.
- Exceptional written and presentation skills to advocate for campaign needs and champion insights
An ideal candidate also has:
- A data-driven and technically fluent marketer
- An excellent communicator and cross-functional partner. You are great at building relationships, connecting the dots between different teams, and keeping everyone on the same page with clear and regular communication
- A track record showing adaptability to successfully manage multiple, concurrent project demands within established timelines in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment
- A provocative idea generator, resourceful, self-starter, comfortable working autonomously with a strong sense of urgency and work ethic
- Experience growing the demand generation and campaign operations function to 10+ people
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.