Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
This role is responsible for processing invoices and the related payments owed by Samsara to our suppliers and other creditors. Accounts Payable is part of the overall buying process and the role reports into the Manager of Procure to Pay.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Process a high volume of invoices accurately and efficiently
- Handle invoices in multi-currency from domestic and international vendors
- Address and respond to vendor inquiries
- Reconcile account statements
- Maintain accounts payable customer files
- Assist with the Corporate Credit Card Program
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and recommend changes and improvements to the accounts payable processes and systems to ensure scalability
- Work closely with individuals at all levels of the Company to ensure timely and appropriate processing of invoices and payments and in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Assist with weekly payment runs to ensure timely payments to vendors
- Assist with annual 1099 reporting
- Assist with accounting projects as needed, including Month-End close and annual external audit
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting; or business administration
- 4+ years Accounts Payable or accounting experience desired
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Able to work with a high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment
An ideal candidate also has:
- The ability to meet or exceed deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- A Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively
- A history of collaborating and communicating effectively with others
- Experience with NetSuite, SFDC, and intermediate Excel skills strongly preferred
- Strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Data Analytics and/or Tableau experience is a plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.