Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Marketing Operations and Analytics is a critical team within Growth Marketing that optimizes the lead lifecycle, manages day-to-day marketing initiatives, oversees organization’s MarTech stack, and enables the business with marketing performance insights. We aren’t just changing the way customers engage with us, we are creating a sustainable technology, data and operational blueprint for a world class scaled go-to-market team. We are passionate about data driving decisions and automation enabling us to spend more time listening to our customers.
Our team promotes an agile, collaborative, supportive environment where diverse thinking, innovative design, and experimentation is welcomed and encouraged.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and maintain marketing databases, datasets, pipelines and Samsara’s Customer Data Platform (CDP) to enable advanced segmentation, targeting, automation and analytics.
- Manage critical data pipelines to enable our growth initiatives and advanced analytics. Manage the SLAs for those data pipelines and constantly improve efficiency and data quality.
- Facilitate data integration and transformation requirements for moving data between applications; ensuring interoperability of applications with data mart and CDP environments.
- Develop and improve the current data architecture, data quality, monitoring and data availability.
- Identify data needs from broad stakeholders, understand requirements for metrics and analysis, and build efficient and scalable data products to enable a data-driven marketing approach.
- Write sophisticated yet optimized data transformations in SQL/Python to generate data products consumed by customer systems and Analytics, Marketing Operations, Sales Operations teams.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years of working experience in a growth, software or data engineering role
- Excellent SQL and Python knowledge with strong hands-on data modeling
- Experience with data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools
- Hands-on experience working with modern data technologies stack such as Data Bricks, Google Big Query, Redshift, RDS, Snowflake or similar solutions
- Comfort in working with business customers to gather requirements and gain a deep understanding of varied datasets
- Familiarity with customer, marketing and/or web data
- Experience integrating data from core Sales and Marketing platforms (e.g. Marketing Automation, CRM, and web analytics)
- Self-starter, motivated, responsible, innovative and technology-driven individual who performs well both independently and as a team member
- A proactive problem solver and have good communication as well as project management skills to relay your findings and solutions across technical and non technical audiences
An ideal candidate also has:
- Knowledge of Marketo, Salesforce.com and Google Analytics
- Experience working with CDPs such as Segment, Blueshift, Lytics or Adobe Real-time CDP
- Experience with data visualization tools and packages (e.g. Looker, Domo, Tableau, MixPanel)
- Familiarity with Marketing Technologies (MarTech stacks)
- Experience coding with Scala, R or Pandas
- Data Science, machine learning or predictive analytics experience
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.