Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Marketing Operations and Analytics is a critical team within Growth Marketing that optimizes the lead lifecycle, manages day-to-day marketing initiatives, oversees organization’s MarTech stack, and enables the business with marketing performance insights. Our team promotes an agile, collaborative, supportive environment where diverse thinking, innovative design, and experimentation is welcomed and encouraged.
We aren’t just changing the way customers engage with us, we are creating a sustainable technology, data and operational blueprint for a world class scaled go-to-market team. We are passionate about data driving decisions and automation enabling us to spend more time listening to our customers.
You will oversee the day-to-day details of data management, reporting and analytics within the Marketing team. You will also partner with leadership in other go-to-market functions to align on data-driven processes and ensure alignment across the functions. This is a unique opportunity to be a thought leader at the intersection of marketing and technology to help take the Marketing Operations business to new heights of innovation and results.
The successful candidate will leverage a broad range of technical skills, project management experience and strong vision of comprehensive solutions. Competencies include: strategic thinking, cross-organization collaboration, resource optimization, enabling change, negotiation, financial management and project management.
If you are an operationally-oriented marketer with an interest in system and process development this role is for you!
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Build and manage customer and digital data strategy, analytics assets and respective programs spanning 3rd party data providers, enrichment, intent, scoring and data accuracy.
- Partner closely with business stakeholders to gather requirements and formulate functional specifications for defining solutions to facilitate and optimize decision making.
- Actively manage program roadmaps and deliverables from concept to completion in close collaboration with internal and external data and technology partners.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to gather requirements, scope and project manage data asset, data quality and analytics portfolio delivery from concept to completion.
- Act as subject matter expert with business stakeholders on internal data, technical processes and solution approaches.
- Document business scenarios, customer journeys and expected outcomes - mapped to requisite data and automation capabilities solutions.
- Manage and coordinate cross-functional activities across resources to ensure accountability, high performance and consistency across the entire portfolio.
- Identify synergies across different portfolios, share best practices, drive consistency and cross-group collaboration.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years of experience managing technical projects with multiple resources, preferably using Agile methodology.
- 3+ years of experience implementing complex data and analytics capabilities across Sales, Marketing and Customer Success businesses.
- Solid understanding of cloud data platforms, reporting systems and predictive analytics Intermediate level proficiency in SQL and working with data products.
- Excellent collaborative skills with ability to drive cross-team technical negotiations and have a strong client services orientation.
- Ability to deliver projects successfully on time, budget, and quality.
- Be highly organized and able to manage multiple, fast-moving projects using external vendor and internal resources.
- Familiarity with customer, marketing and/or web data.
- Self- starter, motivated, responsible, innovative and technology-driven individual who performs well both independently and as a team member.
- A proactive problem solver and have good communication as well as project management skills to relay your findings and solutions across technical and non technical audiences.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Knowledge of Marketo, Salesforce.com and Google Analytics.
- Experience working with CDPs such as Segment, Blueshift, Lytics or Adobe Real-time CDP.
- Experienced with data visualization tools and packages (e.g. Looker, Domo, Tableau, MixPanel).
- Familiarity with Marketing Technologies (MarTech stacks).
- Experience integrating data from core Sales and Marketing platforms (e.g. Marketing Automation, CRM, and web analytics).
- Hands-on experience working with modern data technologies stack such as Data Bricks, Google Big Query, Redshift, RDS, Snowflake or similar solutions.
- Data Science, machine learning or predictive analytics experience.
- The ideal candidate will thrive in a culture of ownership, delivery and innovation. You are an expert communicator with excellent project management. You are a team player, self starter with a can-do attitude. You have strong analytical and organizational skills, and are able to quickly build relationships to drive a successful project.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.