Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious Sales Compensation Analyst / Senior Analyst interested in helping steer a fast-growing IoT startup. Working closely with a senior management team that has successfully built and exited a billion-dollar business, you will help scale our revenue-generating operations by building and managing our Sales Compensation programs. You will work collaboratively across departments to manage commissions systems, develop policies, and administer commissions payments.
The ideal candidate has impeccable attention to detail, is self-motivated, and experienced in managing Sales Compensation programs and teams. You will be instrumental in building our Global Sales Compensation team and supporting our sales teams in the Bay Area and Europe. Proven analytical, managerial, and communication skills are required.
This position can be based at our San Francisco HQ or Atlanta office.
In this role you will:
- Help develop and implement sales commission policies and processes for our sales teams across all segments; develop processes that scale as the company continues hyper-growth
- Administer all sales variable payments, including commissions, draws, MBOs, and SPIFFs in accordance with the monthly commission process for all commissionable employees
- Ensure accurate and timely distribution of individual sales compensation documents to a global sales organization
- Resolve commissions disputes and inquiries and process corrections and adjustments
- Understand and apply the commission plan consistently, ensuring commissions calculations comply with policies and manages exception requests
- Participate in building a global sales compensation team, administering appropriate technologies, and incorporating best practices
- Support Sales leadership, Sales Operations, and Finance teams with compensation metrics and reporting, including cost of sales analysis month to month and quarter to quarter
- Create and document business processes for monthly/quarterly close, commission accounting tasks, and audits; perform monthly audits and data reviews to ensure commission accuracy
- Set up and maintain all commission plan participants, including new hires, terminations, and in-year and/or year-over-year changes
- Reconcile SFDC monthly bookings with Finance team
- Drive system design and configuration changes for Sales Compensation Plan changes
- Proactively recommend and deliver process improvements
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a Sales Compensation role is required; experience at a high-growth technology company or company with 300+ employees on a commission is a plus
- Bachelor Degree required; preferably in Finance, Economics, or related field
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills; advanced skills in MS Excel
- Experience in automated sales commissions systems and their set-up and operation is a plus (e.g. Xactly, Callidus, Anaplan, Oracle EIM, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in a collaborative, start-up-paced environment, proven attention to detail, good business acumen and awareness of business trends, high degree of motivation, responsibility, and flexibility
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.