Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
The Systems Analyst - Customer Success will be responsible for the design and development of flexible and scalable solutions across the Customer Success tech stack with a focus on the CRM platform. This role requires that you understand the broader Customer Success business model and processes as well as have technical comfort around CRM design and development best practices. A successful Analyst will be able to gather requirements within the broader business framework and apply them to the delivery of business solutions. The Analyst will work with technical and cross-functional business teams to implement enhancements, projects, and resolve incidents. It requires a combination of analytical, technical, business acumen, and communication skills.
This is a multi-faceted role where you will work cross-functionality with our Customer Success, Go-to-Market Systems (Salesforce), Integrations (Finance technical team), Sales Operations, Product, Growth, Marketing, and Finance teams. The location of this position is flexible, either in our San Francisco HQ, Atlanta office, or fully remote.
The Customer Success team is responsible for onboarding, training, and ensuring that our customers are seeing the value of the Samsara platform from first purchase through to renewal and beyond. The System Analyst’s mission is to improve efficiency, reliability, and scalability of our internal systems to enable our customer success team to delight, retain, and expand our customer base.
The location of this position is flexible, either in our San Francisco HQ, Atlanta office, or fully remote.
In this role, you will:
- Work on Samara Customer Success’s CRM and integrations with other point solutions and key business systems
- Partner with Customer Success and other cross-functional business stakeholders to understand requirements, develop strategies to meet architecture/technology needs, and provide/execute on technical designs
- Work closely with our Customer Success Operations team to identify, troubleshoot, and correct any issues
- Be hands-on with all aspects of our CS CRM operations, including:
- Communicate regularly on program/project plans, progress, blockers, and risks to cross-functional stakeholders, sponsors, and vendors
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 2+ years experience in CRM administration and development, previous Gainsight or Totango experience preferred
- Experience with data integrity, data quality, data migration and data maintenance
- Experience designing test plans, performing unit testing, and launching projects effectively on tight timelines
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to understand business requirements and translate them to effective use of applications
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions
- Effectively communicate vision, strategy, and statuses of projects to leadership and internal stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.