Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
On this team, we seek to build foundations that our product teams can build upon to experiment and iterate on new products and features rapidly, while operating within safe boundaries. You will have an opportunity to work closely with users who use the products you helped build everyday, collecting immediate feedback to continuously improve our frameworks and infrastructure. There is a lot of work to do to support our rapidly growing customer base, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
The Security Engineer role combines research, analysis, prevention, detection, and forensics. From building safer and more secure systems to detecting Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) attackers, the role requires constant adaptation as new challenges arise in our wide and ever-growing surface area.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Develop enterprise security features to enhance Samsara’s connected operations cloud.
- Design and implement defensive systems that harden security at Samsara.
- Build tooling and processes to help other developers create secure products, including secure coding practices.
- Work with other teams to build secure products, carefully balancing risk and product advancement.
- Respond to security and privacy incidents, write incident reports, and participate in post-mortems.
- Integrate customer security requirements into product and system design.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience on security-focused teams.
- Strong programming/coding fundamentals.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Strong communication skills and desire to collaborate across teams.
- Demonstrated ability to ship production-quality software in a dynamic environment.
- Experience working with firmware and hardware security.
- Familiarity with data privacy regulations and compliance
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.