Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
As a member of the External Communications team, you will work cross-functionally to boost Samsara’s brand awareness via corporate social media channels and continue to maintain an engaged and active social audience. In addition to leading campaign development and strategy, you will write, edit, publish, and report on organic content across Samsara’s social media channels, spanning LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram among others.
In this role, you will work with Product Marketing, Content Marketing, and Design to develop creative content that amplifies our latest news with social audiences, which includes customers and prospects spanning various industries. You will also work cross-functionally with Recruiting and Talent Brand to curate content that shows what it’s like to work at Samsara and reach relevant candidates.
You will actively monitor conversations, comments, and feedback across Samsara’s social channels and engage with that content accordingly. As a part of this daily monitoring, you will work with stakeholders across Product, Finance, and Customer Support to triage issues as needed.
You are an excellent communicator and writer who can empathize with our social audiences and reach them with engaging and well-written social copy. You are also a creative thinker who can execute new ideas for Samsara to leverage trends and social strategies in a way that’s relevant for our community.
You have keen attention to detail and stellar project management skills to ensure campaigns run smoothly and new opportunities are scoped and executed efficiently. You are thorough and organized, especially when juggling multiple deadlines. This role can be office-based or fully remote.
In this role, you will:
- Lead content strategy and write engaging, on-brand copy and develop accompanying visual assets for Samsara’s social media platforms
- Maintain and manage an ongoing editorial calendar with input from relevant stakeholder groups; identify campaign opportunities relevant to Samsara’s audiences
- Manage content publishing via our social media management platform, adjusting channel goals and best practices as needed to maintain growth and high engagement
- Engage and interact with Samsara’s social community by responding to questions, triaging issues, and joining in relevant conversations
- Manage our ongoing employee advocacy initiatives, working closely with Internal Communications and Talent Brand
- Support executive communications and thought leadership by monitoring relevant conversations and providing recommendations for how Samsara executives can amplify Samsara’s brand and drive more meaningful engagements
- Bring a social perspective to the larger Marketing team by assisting with social-first extensions of integrated campaigns
- Measure and analyze content effectiveness with metrics that validate and iterate on existing content strategies
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- BA in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
- 8+ years of social media experience managing organic content for platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Experience executing B2B social media programs that boost brand awareness and engagement with proven results
- Strong understanding of social media success metrics; ability to present and analyze these metrics to the broader Marketing organization
- Strong editorial and copywriting skills
- High creative bar and attention to detail
- Proactive work style with a bias to action
An ideal candidate also has:
- Ability to anticipate problems and come to the table with viable solutions
- Strong work ethic, team-player mentality, and experience managing multiple stakeholders and projects end-to-end
- Experience in video production, editing, or graphic design
- Experience with Sprout Social, Bambu, Airtable, and Figma among other platforms
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.