Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for a Sales Operations leader to play a critical role in building and scaling our renewals sales organization. The role includes partnering with sales leadership to optimize the performance of our renewals cycle by implementing and managing processes for renewals planning, forecasting, and operational excellence.
The ideal candidate has experience at a high growth B2B Saas company, preferably public, with $1B+ in revenue and is passionate about being part of a fast-paced, fast growing company.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with fast growing Global Renewal Sales Organization by providing actionable insights into business drivers, financial performance and risks
- Develop and evolve key performance metrics to help drive sales productivity. Build and maintain processes and reporting enhancements through Salesforce reports/dashboards
- Own reporting on renewal bookings, pipeline, and forecasts on a quarterly and annual basis
- Contribute to strategic headcount, quota and incentive planning
- Analyze team performance and develop recommendations for improving renewal rates, increasing revenue, identifying more up-sell opportunities and reducing sales cycle time
- Collaborate with sales leadership to prepare executive collateral including memos, sales kickoff slides, business reviews and executive presentations
- Drive operational excellence by establishing highly repeatable and scalable sales processes that can be implemented across regions/segments to maximize renewed dollars
- Drive renewals strategy through the development of operational playbooks, cross-functional alignment, and execution of change management
- Provide timely and effective sales support; establish and meet or exceed SLAs, and develop a methodology to identify and prioritize process and system improvements, including sales productivity tools
- Partner with the Salesforce Systems team to automate workflows and enhance systems processes as needed
- Maintain a thorough understanding of renewals process and systems to develop administrative policies that are consistent with global sales policies
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years of work experience working in a operational or strategic role supporting sales organizations of which 2+ years of experience with Renewal functions closing +$100M ARR
- Experience in designing, implementing, and scaling processes and policies for renewal functions
- Comfort with performing analytical work with large data sets to perform modeling, forecasting, and sales analyses, experience in consulting, investment banking, or other highly quantitative roles
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Tableau, and other sales tech stack
- Experience working with senior and executive leadership and partnering with sales leadership
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Advanced decision-making skills, including ability to be proactive and adapt quickly
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.