Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
We are seeking a results-driven, operationally minded Customer Reference Manager to build and drive a next generation customer reference program. The customer reference program provides the structure and process necessary to connect our prospects and internal Samsara teams to our customer advocates and their stories at scale. This role is a part our wider Customer Advocacy team and this program is mission critical to increasing customer advocacy, loyalty, and retention to benefit Samsara’s long-term growth.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Drive a customer reference program rooted in operational excellence: Drive day-to-day operation of the customer reference program and scale our existing program’s impact through optimizations in the use of data, automation, and improved workflows/processes.
- Grow our advocate database: Build new workflows and channels to better identify, recruit, track, and enable advocates to share their stories via reviews, reference calls, referrals, and content, and partner with Sales, Product, and Marketing to drive reference program adoption and impact.
- Drive key customer references for priority GTM initiatives: Identify and match key customer stories with priority opportunities such as press, events, and product partnerships to enable Marketing, Product, and Sales.
- Train and enable internal teams: Effectively train and drive adoption of the Customer Reference program processes and systems across the organization.
- Build and maintain a customer story library: Partner with internal teams to build and maintain a robust, user-friendly internal customer story library to power stakeholders including Communications, Field Marketing, Content, and Sales.
- Develop and execute new programs and campaigns to meet the needs of the business: Lead and execute various new campaigns and programs to support Customer Success and GTM teams to meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Measure program/asset effectiveness: Analyze the ongoing performance of the program to improve reference efficacy and help drive program adoption
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles: Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, and foster a Growth Mindset as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- 3-7+ years of experience in custom reference program management, customer marketing, operations, and/or consulting
- Consistent record of setting up, defining, and driving cross-functional programs independently in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills with an ability to prioritize amidst many moving pieces and complete tasks with high quality and on-deadline; often viewed as an “operator” by peers and management
- Results driven with robust analytical chops to easily execute database analysis and program performance reporting
- A process architect and structured thinker with experience building and deploying internal processes end-to-end
- Strong leadership and influencer skill set; ability to quickly get to the heart of a problem and mobilize the right people to solve it
- Adaptable and solution-oriented with a desire to work in a evolving, fast-paced environment
- A passion for serving and partnering with customers
- Deep curiosity, excellent listening skills, strong empathy and interpersonal skills to develop authentic relationships
- Attention to detail and a commitment to exceptional work are part of your personal philosophy
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.