Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara is hiring an Operations Product Manager to establish an operational excellence framework across multiple stakeholder groups. The OPM will drive strategic programs that require a deep understanding of business interdependencies and the available levers to achieve Samsara’s business objectives. As an experienced member on the team, you will own operational financial reports, build relationships, and deliver to business OKRs. This is a highly visible role that offers an opportunity to make business-critical decisions with both top and bottom line impact.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Product, Sales, Finance, and Accounting to gather and influence cross-functional inputs to supply chain operations
- Provide insights to Demand and Supply Planners as product transition SME on the supply chain team by gathering inputs and matching go-to-market plans with anticipated inbound supply
- Own the hardware cashflow forecast and provide insights into drivers of changes between revisions
- Develop robust models and deliver cost projections of excess & obsolete, RMA, and warranty exchange costs based on product lifecycle and overall health
- Utilize deep knowledge of products and supply chain to provide cost optimization recommendations with respect to inventory and materials liability
- Communicate to leadership regarding financial metrics, changes in business trends, and risks & opportunities to the operating plan and company financial targets
- Build a project and program management foundation by establishing tools, processes, and communication standards within the supply chain organization
- Perform market research and in-depth analyses to establish best practices for operational excellence
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance, or Economics
- 8+ years (or 6+ with Masters) of combined experience in consulting, business planning, operations management, or program management
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to influence and lead complex projects with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Comfort working with ambiguity, with experience implementing program management best practices
- Attention to detail while never losing sight of the big picture
- A proactive, positive approach to problem solving
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to clearly lay out assumptions, risks, and opportunities
- Track record of delivering results that demonstratively improve operations performance
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience with B2B hardware
- Strong understanding of ERP systems, Salesforce, Tableau, and Planning Systems (e.g. Adaptive)
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.