Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the Role:
As a Technical Solutions Engineer at Samsara, you will be an integral member of the Professional Services team responsible for helping Samsara’s most strategic customers implement B2B integrations with our IoT platform. In a given week, you may work with a large long-haul trucking company, an industrial-scale food producer, and a public utility to map a customer’s integration needs to current and future API capabilities, provide guidance and technical training to implementation teams to follow best practices, troubleshoot issues and advocate for fixes on behalf of customers (working with our tech support team), and ensure a successful customer relationship. A successful Technical Solutions Engineer at Samsara will develop a thorough understanding of B2B integrations to ensure the proper technical solution is delivered to our customers.
Your role will be cross-functional in nature, working alongside and connecting product managers, business operations, sales, and systems engineers, enabling you to experience multiple aspects of a hyper-growth company from within. Since Samsara is a fast-growing company with an emerging IoT technology, you can expect this role to evolve over time, with opportunities to take on increasing levels of responsibility and impact our growth.
In this role, you will:
- Manage system integration projects between third party integrators, large customers, and Samsara engineering teams
- Educate and provide guidance on the Samsara developer ecosystem, and work through challenges with everyone from technicians to COOs
- Lead development projects with 3rd-party systems integrators and customer development team or build your own enterprise-grade scalable solutions
- Exchange best practices, share knowledge with the Samsara product team and developer community, and advocate for customer experience
- Design/develop/define complex project scopes, statements of work, technical specifications and business requirements between Samsara and multiple stakeholders
- Strike a balance as a liaison between product, sales, engineering, support and the customer
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3+ years experience working with customers in a pre-sales sales engineering, post-sale solutions/ technical engineering, or customer/product technical support capacity
- Solid understanding of and experience with integration standards and transports (SFTP, Soap/Rest APIs, AS2, XML, XSD, JSON and EDI)
- Fundamental understanding of database concepts and fluency in SQL
- Strong written communication and presentation skills, demonstrated ability to work with a diverse set of teams
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results
- Hands-on experience with customer evaluations and deployments, with the ability to juggle multiple customer engagements in parallel
- Proven ability to effectively manage complex projects with a wide range of stakeholders
An ideal candidate also has:
- Minimum 4+ years customer facing experience supporting Enterprise-scale integrations or API scripting
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Consistent track record of configuring and deploying complex technical solutions
- Familiarity with B2B system integration projects and workflows
- Understanding of vehicle diagnostic systems is a plus
- Tinkering with hardware gadgets, sensors, or vehicles is a plus
- Familiarity with fleets and logistics a plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.