Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
You will be responsible for managing a Tier 2 Technical Support team which is made up of highly skilled and professional Technical Support Engineers delivering direct customer support and assisting Tier 1 support teams. You will be responsible for directly monitoring, reporting, and driving improvements in team-level metrics and KPI’s, keeping up with new products and ongoing training and developing processes. Your work will be collaborative in nature, working together with managers in multiple support locations to serve our customers. Your work will also be cross-functional in nature and will involve working cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Operations, and Marketing on a weekly basis.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Directly manage a team of highly motivated Technical Support Engineers
- Be accountable for the performance of multiple support channels ensuring proper coverage of queues and productivity of the team
- Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction with the Support Team while ensuring the team meets established SLA’s and working efficiently
- Partners with Senior Leadership to establish goals and objectives around customer satisfaction, organization efficiency, and employee engagement
- Produce reporting that demonstrates team effectiveness to support team, other departments, and Senior Leadership
- Reviews reports and operations to analyze the success of the operation and propose and execute approved initiatives
- Successfully manage onboarding and continuous education for members of the team
- Manage interactions between with other departments to address issues and provide feedback related to customer feedback
- Mentor new hires as the organization grows quickly
- Develop and support career paths within the Support team and throughout the organization
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- B.A./B.S. required, preferably in a technical or quantitative field (engineering, applied math, etc.)
- 5+ years of leadership experience in technical support
- Experience working with all types/sizes of customers and able to represent the team internally and externally to senior management and executives.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Knowledge and experience in both hardware and software support
- Experience working in the Fleet Management, Transportation, and Industrial industries
- Ability to balance and go between strategic projects and initiatives, and tactical day to day management of a team (including actively coaching on case handling, monitoring of queues & schedules)
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Strong spoken and written language skills for working with high-value customers and publishing documentation
- Ability to identify and interpret long-term information system needs on an organizational basis
- Skill in the development and documentation of operating and administrative policies and procedures
- Ability to analyze problems and develop creative solutions to complex human resource issues
- Interest in working in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities and tolerance for ambiguity
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.