Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara has several emerging Channel programs that have the potential to drive significant growth for the company. These include Insurance Partners, Resale Partners, Referral Partners, and Technology Integration Partners.
As the Partnership Enablement Manager, you will be responsible for shaping the enablement elements of Samsara’s partner programs. You will work closely with our Partner Account managers to ensure they are leveraging enablement programs and materials consistently to drive growth with their partners.
This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial role that requires working cross-functionally to build enablement programs from scratch. The role (and team) has strong potential for growth along with our partner programs.
This team is SF based. The role can be office-based in SF or Atlanta.
In this role, you will:
Own the development and execution of partner training programs, with a focus on:
- Program Development
- Build out enablement programs for Samsara Insurance and Resale partners
- Rapidly iterate on content to align with Samsara and partner needs
- Design scalable upfront training programs, content, activities + ongoing enablement in order to produce Samsara partners that deliver best-in-class pre- and post-sales services
- Training Program Execution
- Develop and manage the logistics/programming tied to partner on-site and remote trainings
- Coordinate cross functionally with sales and product stakeholders to align on partner training curriculum and desired outcomes
- Own sourcing, coordination, and output of Samsara SMEs for the training curriculum
- Partner Portal Build-out & Management
- Develop and own ongoing partner training and certification curriculum with virtual certifications in the Samsara Partner Portal
- Write clear and concise documentation and training collateral that both exemplifies top-notch communication skills and matches the high standards for user experience set at Samsara
- Keep content up to date and effectively message product/feature/process changes to partners in an agile manner
- Partner Enablement Analysis and Optimization
- Measure the effectiveness of partner training and enablement programs
- Build interactive reporting tools to help Samsara sales team connect customers with knowledgeable partners in their territory
- Create test beds for new content and training models as needed
- Work cross-functionally with sales leadership to ensure deliverables align with Samsara sales/customer needs
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3-7 years of combined enablement program and/or project management experience
- Stellar written and verbal communications skills
- Willingness to travel up to 50% for on-site trainings with Insurers or Resellers
- Previous hands-on experience gathering requirements, ideating, developing, testing, and proving value of enablement programs
- Consistent track record of deploying external facing programs and working with sales teams
- Passion and capability for teaching others
An ideal candidate also has:
- Great communication skills to translate complex concepts to technical and non-technical customers and internal stakeholders across multiple mediums (written documents, videos, in-person lessons, etc.)
- Experience building/operating a partner enablement program including eLearning
- Experience speaking with and engaging Systems Integrators/VARs/Insurers to understand problems and customer business challenges
- Ability to translate technical output to business relevance
- Comfort with accountability to multiple internal and external stakeholders, with ability to effectively prioritize between them
- Sensitivity to sales cycle and able to handle challenging customer situations
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.