Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
We’re searching for an ambitious, entrepreneurial leader to define and drive the global strategy of Samsara’s Implementation Team. This team of 30 is responsible for minimizing time-to-value for Samsara customers by managing complex deployment activities such as hardware activation, dashboard setup, integration deployment, user training, and change management. With 20,000+ fleets served worldwide, including some of the largest fleets in North America and EMEA, the Implementation Team represents a large opportunity to deepen and expand Samsara’s customer relationships and significantly contribute to sales objectives. This is a highly visible role that will work closely with Sales, Product Management, Technical Support, Finance, and Operations.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role you will:
- Define and drive global implementations strategy including defining the role of professional services within Samsara
- Hire, develop, and retain global team of Implementation Consultants
- Oversee the Technical Solutions Team responsible for helping Samsara’s most strategic customers implement B2B integrations with our platform
- Own the overall success of implementations, ensuring a world-class customer experience while minimizing time-to-value across the entire customer base
- Collaborate cross-functionally to rapidly improve the customer experience
- Do what it takes to deliver upon our commitments and forge enduring customer partnerships
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Background within technology consulting
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial leader
- Structured thinker with the ability to create and execute a cohesive strategy
- Strong empathy towards customers and passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Track record of working cross functionally to gain consensus from multiple stakeholders and create step changes in business operations
- Excellent analytical skills, passion for data
- Experience leading large, cross-functional teams
- Strong executive communication and presentation skills
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.