Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Founded in San Francisco six years ago, we’ve come a long way since then. We now employ over 1,500 people globally and have over a million devices out in the field. Last year, we hit a valuation of $5.4 billion during our series F funding round.
We're one of the fastest growing companies to come out of Silicon Valley in recent years, too - we've hit $300m ARR faster than Slack, Workday, Snowflake and Twilio. Our products offer solutions to real world problems, allowing us to tap into markets that simply didn't exist a few years ago.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100
- Top 4 place in LinkedIn’s Top Startups awards for 2 years running
Even better, we’re only just getting started here in Europe. There is considerable demand for our services and we have an aggressive hiring plan in place.
The EMEA senior leadership team is taking shape and this key role with head up hiring operations for the region. Your team will be recruiting a mix of Sales, Tech and G&A, with headcount accelerating rapidly year on year for the foreseeable future.
This is your opportunity to shape the international operation of one of the fast-growing unicorns to come out of Silicon Valley in recent years. Jobs like this don’t come around very often.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a high-performing recruiting team: Hire, develop, and lead a team of high performing managers, and individual contributors across full-cycle recruiting. Embody our Samsara Leadership principles. Create an outstanding experience for our candidates and hiring managers.
- Deliver results: You will be accountable for consistently driving successful & tangible outcomes with your team and our cross-functional stakeholders.
- Drive diversity initiatives for the company & execute on ambitious hiring goals: Execute on quarterly hiring goals with a focus on acquiring top diverse talent to meet our current and future hiring needs. Help the EMEA business scale at pace across several countries during a phase of hypergrowth.
- Partner on departmental talent strategy: Regularly manage pipeline activity and maintain data integrity, and proactively share data-centric updates with internal stakeholders.
- Inspire operational excellence: Manage KPI achievement and tracking for team. Set up new processes that are able to scale within a fast growing business.
- Be a role model: Bring a strong voice, functional expertise, and a fun personality to the recruiting leadership team.
- Act as a culture champion: Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Proven experience of scaling both tech and sales teams within a rapidly growing technology business
- 10+ years of experience in talent acquisition with experience in private and public companies (ideally during a period of hypergrowth)
- 3+ years of people management experience; demonstrated ability to coach, empower, and develop talent
An ideal candidate also has:
- Ability to build credibility at all levels of the organization
- Passion for building a diverse team
- Proven track record in driving successful business outcomes
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Strong point of view on how diversity and inclusion play a key role in a company’s success, track record of leading teams to achieve diversity recruiting goals, and proven success working with internal and external partners
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.