Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
At Samsara, we invest in our people and hiring is a team effort that is crucial to our success. We are looking for a talented, experienced Recruiter to partner with our growing corporate teams and continuously develop a robust pipeline of prospective candidates. This team of recruiters for departments ranging from technical support, marketing, business operations, legal, HR, finance and sales ops. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to grow their skill sets and work with different candidate profiles. Our recruiting team operates at a fast pace while delivering the best in class candidate experience.
In this role, you will:
- Manage Full-Cycle Recruiting: Create and implement strategies to solve problems and build diverse pipelines across Samsara’s corporate teams through sourcing, referrals, research, events, and social media. Find and engage passive candidates through creative sourcing techniques and help them envision life at Samsara. Effectively manage multiple requisitions and candidates during high volume periods while creating and owning a flawlessly positive candidate experience
- Be a Talent Advisor: Partner closely with hiring managers to deeply understand their teams and goals. Organize and facilitate interview debriefs and drive offer approval, extension and negotiation. Identify closing strategies for offers and proactively provide candidates with the appropriate information to help make their decision as easy as possible
- Influence with data: Independently address and unblock data analysis challenges. Extract and synthesize insights. Identify headwinds and tailwinds with a search.
- Communicate Effectively - Tailor written and verbal communication to different audiences and situations.
- Manage Stakeholders - Be seen as a trusted partner by other key cross-functional points of contact. Able to identify friction points, set appropriate expectations, and drive initiatives to overcome obstacles with a search.
- Be a DEI Advocate - Develop and implement sourcing strategies and marketing programs to identify top talent and build diverse candidate pipelines. Advise on structured interview processes that mitigates unconscious bias. Coach leaders and interviewers in inclusive interviewing best practices and objective feedback.
- Be Brilliant at the Basics: Track pipeline data and provide relevant and consistent updates to hiring managers. Maintain high attention to detail when entering data into Greenhouse (ATS) and other recruiting tools
- Mentor Others: Assist and mentor Recruiting Coordinators, Sourcers, and Recruiters. Help onboard new recruiting team members. Regularly review and provide feedback on other team members’ work.
- Be a Cultural Champion: Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 5+ year of recruiting experience in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team
- Proven strategic sourcer and closer
- Team player with an eye for talent who loves connecting people and opportunities
- Able to confidently represent Samsara with professionalism both internally and externally
- Target driven, detail oriented, approachable and able to bring up others around you
- Previous tech experience preferred, and an unwavering ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Greenhouse or equivalent ATS experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.